Friday, July 25, 2014
Thursday, July 24, 2014
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
I don't usually like my zucchini to grow this big!
But sometimes they can do this overnight, especially if it rains!
This year, instead of making loaves and loaves of bread
I've been stuffing them and baking them!
Just halve the whole zucchini and then cut lengthwise.
Hollow it out a little by taking out the pith and seeds.
Drizzle with olive oil and then add anything Italian sounding.
I used salt, Italian seasoning, garlic, onions, peppers, tomatoes,
even a little left-over chicken. Top with cheese and
more olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes at 400F.
We like ours tender but still a little crisp and not mushy.
The cheese will be brown and bubbly.
Very tasty! This time we had chicken in it,
but it's really great as an all veggie dish, too!
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
- We experienced the polar vortex last week with incredible weather! Low humidity and temperatures...it was actually chilly in the mornings and evenings. It felt like fall, which made me very happy!
- Last Friday I was sicker than a dog, flat in bed, for a full 24 hours. That never happens to me! I can count on one hand the number of times my stomach has been sick my entire life. I never even threw up while pregnant (although I felt like I could!). I wonder if I picked up a bug at the auction the day before. I'm thankful nobody here caught it! The Mister, afraid he would catch it, slept on the couch! ha. But he did take over and care for the house and boys, so that's good.
- If you drop a new roll of toilet paper in the toilet, there is no saving it. None. Don't even try. ha.
- I bought a set of china at the auctions a while back for $2 and sold it over the weekend for $800. No, that is not a typo! Just goes to show that you never know! I was a little giddy about it, especially since my kitchen reno fund was sucked away in the last month by major household/auto expenses. If you like the little Hall teapot in the photo, it's in the shop. And no, it's not $800. ha.
- Taylor and Lauren bought tickets to the NASCAR race this Sunday for the Brickyard 400 in Indianapolis and invited me to come along! I am SO excited. Not only am I excited to go to the race, I'm excited that they would want me to tag along! Aw. Love those two!
- We have two little skunks that hang out in our yard every evening. They eat the seed that falls from the bird feeder! The Mister went out to fill the bird feeder for me a few days ago and came running back into the house! ha. Last night I saw Shadow out of the corner of my eye leap up in a tree and took a closer look just in time to see the two skunks walk under the branches. Shadow sat in the tree a good 30 minutes until they left. Smart kitty! How do you get rid of skunks??
- My big project for this week is getting the monthly flea control on all the cats. I got about half of them done today. Now it's just a waiting game for the stragglers to come wandering home!
- There's a hawk circling above our neighborhood as I'm typing this and I keep thinking of the theme song from the old movie Oklahoma... the hawk making lazy circles in the sky? ♪♪♪ haha. When I was little, I thought Curly and Laurey were dreamy! But I was scared to death of Jud Fry!