Today was a day at the auctions for me, working as a clerk. Such a nice change from being home, whether it's being Queen of the Zoo or CEO of my gift basket/baking business. This hermit wannabe does enjoy being out and about once in a while and today was a pleasant change. Always fun to see what's on the auction block and of course, do some fun people watching. :)
This was probably the most unique item today. It was a vintage matchbook collection. The matches were removed and the books spread flat like ribbons and mounted on a framed board. It was probably 6 x 4 feet and very fun to look at. It went for $50, which I thought was pretty low! The winner owns a bar in Columbus, Ohio near the Convention Center. He's going to have it covered with glass and hung on the wall.
What a fun conversation piece!
- An up close of some of the matchbook covers.
- Fiestaware ~ always popular. I have a friend who comes to all the auctions. She collects this and won several pieces!
- Ammunition boxes ~ lots of these today!
- Loved this gravy boat.
- The box lots...my favorite. If you really want to bid on a box, you don't have to pay more than $1-$2 for the whole thing. But most people want one thing in the box and leave the rest for the trash...that fun trash that I like to look through at the end of the day. :) I picked up a few things, but nothing really too exciting ~ a bag of large squares of felt, some acrylic paints, and a stoneware vase.
- Vintage milk jugs. Always amazed that they go for a very high price!
Tomorrow it's back to being Queen of the Zoo with grocery shopping and other errands!