Socks, Marmalade and little Shadow
- Apparently, the warmest spot in the house is on the kitchen rug! It also guarantees you won't miss any time the refrigerator is opened!
- Tuesday is the last day of Christmas break. Wednesday, I'm a free woman! ha. Actually, it's been quite enjoyable and I'm not dying for them to leave the house, like I usually am.
- Speaking of school, our village built a new building which has just been completed. Since the other was built in the 1920's, you can imagine the huge changes and increased quality...including air conditioning! Come spring, that will be such a wonderful change! I'm anxious for the guys on Wednesday. That is a lot of change...everything will be new and unfamiliar except for the teacher and aides. If you think of them, pray that they have a great transition, won't you? I requested a chance for us to visit the classroom early, (teachers are already there) just so they could have a preview before the big day, but that was rejected! Hmm. I could say (rant) a little on that, but I won't. I did tell The Mister tonight that if Alex has an anxiety attack and tries to rip someone's head off, I hope the one that said no is the victim. lol... This is special education, people! Sigh.
- Pinterest sure is fun, isn't it? I have enjoyed it very much in just the month I've started using it. Now I know what all the fuss was about!
- I got on the treadmill today after a 6 week break. Did you know that if you eat Christmas goodies every day and don't exercise, that you will gain 5 lbs? Yes, it's true. Yessiree....lol.... And you know what? It actually felt good! (the treadmill...not the 5 pounds. ha.)
- I stopped adding cayenne pepper to the bird seed and I haven't seen my pesky squirrel! Actually, I think Kim, squirrel lover that she is, sneaked over in the night and rescued him! It's either that, or the cats feasted on squirrel stew one night. :)
- I cleaned out my kitchen pantry today. It's deep, so the things that get pushed to the back of the shelves can easily be lost and forgotten. Things like a box of Bisquick that expired in 2009. lol. Apparently, I don't use Bisquick but once every 3 or 4 years!
- I really like this quote I saw last week.... "Words can be kind or words can be mean. It's up to you in 2013" What a great thought. Mean words can sting even months later, can't they? Wouldn't it be nice if everyone tried to be a little kinder?